Acupressure points for eyesight
Acupressure can be used to treat many diseases. Acupressure is also called Shiatsu method. ’Shiatsu,’ is a Japanese word which means ‘pressuring by fingers’. Acupressure is an ancient technique which was used in medical science many centuries ago. The force of massaging is applied to the same dots that are used by Acupuncture. Acupressure has been invented from acupuncture, which was used for healing in China, Japan and India from the stone age.
Acupressure is better than acupuncture because it is not painful and does not involves inserting of needles into the body. In our body there are certain meridians and acupressure points are located long these meridians. Meridians are connected with different organs of the body. They are the pathways for the flow of energy throughout the body. If an organ or a muscle starts dis-functioning, it passes this information to the related meridian and the meridian signals through certain points on the body. If these points are treated well in time, disease can be prevented before its occurrence. This can be done by simply massaging the dots or by inserting needle on the points. Due to massaging, the energy flow of the body is restored and the organs or muscles again start functioning properly.
how to relieve eye strain:
Use of acupressure for eye ailments and eye sight: Acupressure can treat eye ailments and eye sight. When our eye sight becomes weak we either opt for spectacles or lenses. Sometimes some people use laser therapy to cure their eye sight. But that is risky. There is no medicine developed so far which can be given to cure Myopia (short-sightedness) and hypermetropia (long-sightedness).Only acupressure has been successful in treating eye related problems. We cannot use acupressure for eye ailments because the areas near eyes is very sensitive and inserting needles in the nearby areas of eyes can be risky, harmful and very painful. Acupressure can cure cataract, glaucoma, presbyopia, astigmatism, amblyopia (lazy eye),color blindness, night blindness and many other eye problems.
how to improve eye vision:
The main cause of eye muscle tension is neck muscle tension. The immobility of these muscles will case eye ailments. Pressing and massaging acupressure points related to eyes can return us clear vision and accurate eye sight. According to the ancient Chinese beliefs, the eye is closely related to the liver. Some acupressure points in the body are indirectly connected to the eyes and accessing them will bring benefits for the eyes. When we gently press the acupressure points related to eyes for three to four minutes, the blood supply to the eyes and the surrounding muscles increases and we feel relaxation and improvement in the eyesight. Acupressure points related to both the eyes should be pressed on daily basis to improve vision.
Acupressure points for eyesight – Eye Exercises
There are some acupressure points surrounding the eyes or related to the eyes. When we press these points we get relaxation from eye pain, eye strain and eye sight is improved. These important points have been described below:
- Acupressure point around the socket of eyes: This acupressure point lies around the socket of the eyes. Place your index and middle finger on your eyebrows. Rotate them on the edges of your bone. Press gently while rotating for about five minutes. This is a magical massage as it is completely soothing and relaxing. Try it regularly to keep your eyes stress free and healthy.
- Bridge of the nose: This point can be found near the bridge of the nose under the eyebrows and on the outer side of the eye socket. Place your thumbs on both sides of the acupressure point and press slightly for about five minutes. This is very effective and brings relaxation to the eyes. This point helps to relieve fatigue, redness and strain of the eyes.
- Tips of the thumbs: There is an acupressure point for eyes on the thumb. Sit in a relax position. Hold your left hand with right hand .With the help of right thumb, try to rub the tip of your left thumb. Do this for at least five minutes. This is effective to strengthen your eye sight. Repeat the process with the other hand for the same time. The tips of the thumb are directly related to the neck muscles, which help to nourish the eyes and improve the eye sight.
- Tips of fingers of foot: This acupressure point is located on the tip of biggest finger of the foot other than the toe. Sit in s relaxed position and hold your leg with your hands. With the help of your thumbs, gently massage the top of the biggest finger for five minutes. Repeat the process with the other foot also. This acupressure point treatment will help to increase the blood circulation of eyes and body. This will also help to heal different kinds of eye ailments. Acupressure is good therapy which does not cost anything and brings relaxation to eyes and gives respite from other ailments also.
- Third Eye: This acupressure is located at the center of the T- junction of the nose. As you locate this point, place your finger between your eye brows and exactly on the bridge of the nose. Simply press the point for seven to eight minutes or massage it gently. Look straight ahead while you are massaging this point. This therapy will help you to relax from eye strain, eye sight, headaches and nasal congestions. It also relaxes us from emotional stress and help to cure nervous problems.
- Nostril points: This acupressure point is located on either side of nostrils. Put your fingers on the points and massage gently for at least five minutes daily. With the help of this massage, all the points of the eyes will be activated. This therapy will help to prevent unclear vision, headaches, sinus pain and nasal congestion.
- Edge of eyes: This point is located on the inner edge of the eyes near the bridge of the nose. As you locate these points, press them with your thumb and index fingers on both the eyes. While doing this therapy, one must be careful about not touching the eye balls. Access these points every day and press for three to five minutes to have a clear vision. This acupressure therapy will also help to relax eye muscles and over all problems of eyes.
- Under the pupils: This acupressure point is located right underneath the pupils of both the eyes. This point lies below the center of each eye. As you find it, press it gently for one minute below both eyes. This point will help in relaxation and improvement of eyesight.
- Center of the eyebrows: This point is located in the middle of both the eyebrows. As you locate this point massage on both points for one minute. This treatment will improve your eyesight.
Conclusion: Acupressure points are either painful or it seems as if there is a hole in the bone. Use only fingers to massage or press .Do not use any other material to press because that can be harmful. Acupressure is best for eye sight because no medicine has been invented yet which can cure eyesight. One has to use spectacles or lenses. Acupressure therapy can improve eyesight and cure eye ailments.
acupressure points, acupressure points for eyes, acupressure points for eyes on hands, acupressure points for eyesight, eye acupuncture,,eye exercises to improve vision